Thursday, February 25, 2016

Spread the word for Canada Without Poverty

Did you know that your basic rights like access to housing, food, water, and healthcare may not be safeguarded by Canadian law?

Canada Without Poverty, along with several other NGOs, has put together this letter asking that economic, social and cultural (ESC) rights be protected under the Charter.

"Although I’m an educated professional, I lived most of my life in poverty. It is clear to me that Canada does not connect poverty, homelessness or food insecurity with human rights. Paragraph 3 in Canada’s response to the list of issues is clear, in the Government’s opinion, my right to an adequate standard of living, to adequate housing and food, is not protected by the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. They have closed the door on people living in poverty, denying us access to justice. "

Help by sharing on Facebook, Twitter, and email! Spread the word!

You can also help by making a donation.